Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Thrifting (verb)

My mum and I are like something out of Raiders of the Lost Ark when it comes to buying clothes because we don't just "shop"--we thrift.
Thrifting (verb)
Definition: The act of searching for and purchasing secondhand items.
Regular retail stores, in all their commercial appeal, are way too expensive for anything more than window-browsing.  Or at least they're that way for us.  (I mean, I see a t-shirt with a price tag reading more than $8.00 and an ulcer automatically begins developing in my abdomen.  If I spent that sort of money on myself for a t-shirt, I'd have to live in my doll house.) Fortunately, though, there is the brilliant invention of "thrifting." The Salvation Army, Goodwill, Plato's Closet, eBay...they're shopping sanctuaries for the financially woeful. Not to mention that they're also great places to find vintage steals no one else will have, like $2.00 (!) Go-Go boots and distressed shabby-chic prom/wedding dresses.

My clothes rack--almost 100% hand-me-down and thrift-shop goods.
And, yes, that is my Catwoman mask.

   <3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment