Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Matching Foundation

I haven't written anything here in a while, but I've managed to write elsewhere.  Short stories and essays and homework have gotten most of my attention this spring break, but that's been really nice for me because I'm not exactly the "let's make a lot of plans for spring break!" type.  The thought of packing a suitcase or venturing somewhere over this seven-day respite period exhausts me, and if anyone else feels that way, know you're not alone! 
One interesting (albeit insignificant) discovery this week has been that my foundation doesn't exactly match my skin tone.  The foundation I use is lovely and sweet and feels very good, but my pale skin has some yellow undertones that make me pull orange, and since I've been trying to get rid of my scars with retinoids, my skin has been very dry and all the orange has been exacerbated.  My mum took notice of this, and we found that, wow, there is a foundation shade that works with my face!  I'm a very pale "neutral," apparently, and now when I cover my scars up on my face, I don't have to worry about oxidation or color-shifting or scar visibility.  Yay!  If you're struggling with acne scars or cover-up issues, too, I strongly recommend making sure that you've got a foundation that matches your skin tone. It makes a very big difference, and I feel a lot better now even despite insecurities brought on by peeling retinoid skin.
Also . . . here are two songs for today:


Florence + the Machine: "St. Jude"
 
 
The White Stripes: "Blue Orchid"


<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment