Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

As the Year Ends

Wow.  The end of 2016 is upon us.  Sometimes I look back on this year and am just shocked by all that's happened.  There was definitely a lot of tragedy and sadness, even just in these past few days (Princess Leia, you'll always be one of my heroes!!).  And there was also a lot of divisiveness and cause for worry.  I'm just praying things end up working out in the end.  I look at the environmental news every day and wonder if we'll be able to save our planet before it's too late. Hopefully.  I'm at a place in my life where I'm making a lot of "big decisions" about "important things" (applications, graduation, etc.), and as I do so, I hope that I will get to play a role in helping others when. I "grow up."  That would be nice :). It's reassuring to think that we're all capable of making some sort of difference, no matter how small, for the better.

It will be okay.


Anyway, despite the sadnesses of 2016, some good things did happen.  Like the possible Ebola vaccine, for instance, or the movement of the Giant Panda from "endangered" to "vulnerable" (not that vulnerable is great, but it's a step in the right direction). So as 2016 comes to an end, hope for a happier future and focus on making more good news. Love and light and hugs to everyone!

<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment