Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Eating Without Fear

Today I made the conscious decision to eat without fear. If the goal of food is nourishment, energy, and joy, then eating with fear and anxiety is definitely not the way to go. If you're trying not to restrict, remember that goodness is what matters, not calories. I like having muffins and fruit and almond butter at lunch, but today I got motivated to make a mango mousse out of the Deliciously Ella cookbook my mum got me. I normally either wouldn't have made the mousse or would've had it instead of my regular lunch, but instead, I added it to my regular lunch and ate it excitedly. I didn't think, "Oh, I'm eating 'more' than usual" because a) every day is different and b) it's what I wanted! And guess what? I felt fine afterwards! There have been days when I've eaten less at lunch than I usually do and actually have ended up feeling worse and more uncomfortable/lethargic/etc. than I would've had I eaten normally (or "more" than normally).

Image result for mango mousse deliciously ella
From Deliciously Ella

When you're getting over a restrictive eating disorder, you've got all these thoughts in your head telling you what you should be eating and how much you should be eating and when you should be eating and how you should be eating. Tell those thoughts to BUG OFF and go put some mousse on your muffins.

<3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment