Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

May the Force Be With You

Yesterday was the last day of Winter Break, and when the clock radio alarm went off at 5:18 this morning, it woke me up with a very loud version of "Eye of the Tiger."  I'm not sure if I was supposed to feel energized or freaked out, but I decided to try and "channel" that song today on my first day at school of 2015.  I've made it a point to be equal parts focused and cosmic this semester, if that makes sense at all, so to live up to that idea I'm dressed in 1940s writer girl pants and second-hand Birkenstocks with knit socks.   I also put a whole lot of concealer on over the painful pimple that decided to appear as soon as I started stressing over school...fun!
She was queen of a freaking planet.  I can handle school, right?
It's sort of an odd feeling to be back at school again, learning about everything from 19th century industrialization (thank goodness for Upton Sinclair) to thermodynamics (I'm still trying to understand this....), but I guess I'll get *somewhat* used to it again.  At least my perspective this semester is different.  As part of the new year, I'm going to try and be more positive, less nerve-wracked, and even more focused (if that's at all possible, LOL).  Does anyone else have any resolutions as to their outlook for work/school?  I also am finding it helpful to sort of "role-play" a bit.  I'm a total writer introvert and live in my mind a lot, so it's sort of fun to go into this semester telling myself that I can do it.  I just have to channel Lois Lane and Quan Yin and my grandmother and Padme and Leia.  Diana Prince and the Charlie's Angels wouldn't hurt, either, LOL.

Survivor: "Eye of the Tiger"
<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment