Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Life Lessons from the Bronte Sisters

http://www.britishbabynames.com/.a/6a014e87d88579970d016760c26943970b-pi
The Bronte Sisters, with their tragic lives and tragic tales, have always fascinated and inspired and saddened me all at the same time.  As it's freaking frigid outside right now, it seems the right time to curl up with a copy of Wuthering Heights.  However, as I cannot do that because of societal obligations (ugh, society!), I'm sharing a few words of Bronte wisdom instead:

I don't call you handsome, sir, though I love you most dearly; far too dearly to flatter you.  Don't flatter me.
-Charlotte Bronte
I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.
-Charlotte Bronte

Honest people don't hide their deeds.
-Emily Bronte

If I could I would always work in silence and obscurity, and let my efforts be known by their results.
-Emily Bronte
But he that dares not grasp the thorn shall never crave the rose.
-Anne Bronte

Adoration isn't love.
-Anne Bronte
<3 Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment