Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"Dance, Dance, Dance"

As the music-obsessed child of someone who worked at their college radio station, I spend a fair amount of time listening to Rhapsody, burning CDs, and sorting through vintage mixed-tapes (yes, I do have a tape-player, and I'm not afraid to use it).  Indie and alternative were what I listened to even before I knew what they were, and since I've gotten older I've found a genuine interest in finding new artists to listen to.  When Iris, Jill, and I found Lykke Li and Bon Iver a few years ago, we fell in love with their morose lullabies, and their melancholic lyrics were painful in the best way possible.  Then this video showed up: Bon Iver and Lykke Li TOGETHER, performing an upbeat song, and our hearts, broken by the sadness we had gotten so attached to, were ecstatic to have an opportunity for happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment